Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Alaska

This blog is going to be dedicated to my internship in Alaska for the next few months.

I arrived in Kenai, Alaska last night around 8:30 pm AK time to begin my internship at the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. I took 3 flights and flew 3,000 miles.

I took a couple pictures on a little hike when I first got there, more will come later.

The refuge visitor center where I will be working.



The cabin where I will be staying with 3 other interns. We also have a communal cabin with 2 bathrooms, 2 fridges, a washer and dryer and 1 stove....for about 20 people. Things might get a little cramped haha.

I walked down to the lake behind the visitor center with my roommates. Here are some shots I took on the hike.

The Kenai Mountians

Male Spruce Grouse

Bald Eagle


I officially begin training tomorrow for tasks in and about the visitor center.

YAY!







No comments: